Tuesday, June 09, 2015

AMBBR 2015: The Gordon Invitational at Lake Tahoe


A wonderful day.  The weather report a few days out was not so good, but as we got closer to Sunday, it kept improving and was about as good as it gets.  The Brews Brothers acquitted themselves very well; almost 30 people finished, and I'm not aware of even one flat tire.  99 miles, 6:06 riding time, approximately 4,900 feet of climbing, about 8 hours total (you don't want to miss the rest stops, and one of our group said that the new red potatoes were as good as I had said).  A great day, considering that AMBBR was the first time I was able to get back on my bike since my crash last month.

We raised over $61K, making us (well, Andy) the #2 fundraiser nationally.  Non semper est rectus, sed nunquam in dubium!

No comments: