Thursday, October 28, 2004

More on Ukraine

I've found some other references to my adventures at the Znayo! offices in Kyiv last week, in both English and French. I had Google do an automatic translation of the French article, which might still be available here, but please note that it's a computer-generated translation, and in the process of translating my original remarks from English to French and back to English, errors creep in. For example, I originally said "activists," the French translated that as "militants," which is really something different. So fair warning.

My analysis of the election should appear in Sunday's Tribune and on this website on Monday. In the meantime, you can read view from freelance journalist Kim Iskyan in Slate; an op-ed from Sen. John McCain from the Washington Post on October 19; an op-ed from Washington Post columnist Jackson Diehl from October 25; and former ambassador Robert Hunter's UPI Outside View commentary from October 22.

No comments: