Tuesday, January 17, 2006

When People Ask if I'll Ever Run Again, This Isn't What They Meant

The Coppersmith household had a big day Sunday at the Rock-n-Roll Arizona Marathon and Half-Marathon--as a family, we ran 39.3 miles, even with three members opting to take the day off. Both my son and I managed to achieve a personal record in our respective events. I couldn't quite break the 4 hour barrier, but I was very happy with my new best-ever time, and hey, if I was a woman I'd have qualified for Boston, but I think having the operation and running another marathon is more than I want to tackle this spring. Theoretically, if I keep up this rate of improvement in my time since 2004, in about 16 years I would finish before I start. You know the drill, go to this link, enter "Coppersmith" in the last name field, and see how we both did. Photos aren't available yet, maybe by next week's post.

No comments: