Monday, May 05, 2003

Department of Self-Congratulation

Photos from my day yesterday at the Tempe Multi-Sport Challenge (why keep a self-explanatory name like last year's Tempe International Triathlon when you can invent a more self-important and confusing one?) are available here and here. Times aren't available yet. The event organizers emailed in response to my question that the swim course was measured by GPS at 2000 meters, so it was a third longer than planned (certainly by me, anyway). We wound up swimming the US Rowing course by mistake, so the next time some crew jock (and you know who you are) talks about rowing, I can say I swam that course. So my time will be considerably worse than last year, but there's a very good reason for it.
UPDATE: 3:19:55, 20th out of 28 in my age group.

No comments: